The world we live in is full of people and companies seeking to make money, sometimes at the cost of others. That isn’t the Pinestone way.
We are driven by a vision of bringing authentic Chinese teas to the UK market, but we also uphold the following values:
- Everyone in the tea supply chain deserves to be treated with respect, paid fairly, and afforded good working conditions
- All tea should be ethically sourced and fully traceable
- Businesses should make more effort to be fully carbon neutral. We have ambitions to become a Carbon Neutral Company by 2023
- Packaging should be recyclable as far as possible with minimum use of plastics in our packaging
- Green tea is a beverage with proven physical and mental benefits and should be available and enjoyed by many
Dhanzai Poverty Alleviation
In 2021 we will be working with a scheme called the Danzhai Poverty Alleviation Tea Garden, shown above. The scheme addresses unemployment in the tea-growing sector and has established a 1,000-acre tea garden which is rented out to participants at 4,900 yuan (£560) each year. By sourcing our tea from this scheme, we help to create and sustain jobs. This is supported by the Danzhai Party Committee and the Chinese Government.